How B2B Marketers Utilized Event Marketing Strategy to Hook Their Clients Effectively
Event Marketing pertains to conceptualizing a ‘themed’ presentation, exhibit, or display to promote a product, service, boost in-person engagement, or promote a particular cause. Event marketing strategy is recommended when you launch a new product, rebrand, educate people, and establish a strong customer relationship.
Most business-to-business (B2B) marketers apply event marketing strategy because it is more effective in convincing people to avail of a particular product or service.
Below are some of the reasons why B2B marketers used event marketing to hook their target clients.
- Personal Experience. Unlike B2C (Business-to-Consumer), B2B requires multiple- audience targeting because most of the time, executives only need a single, bulk purchase. With this, the competition is very intense. For you to be noticed by your target clients, you have to focus on the so-called ‘demonstration of value.’ ‘Demonstration of value’ has something to do with convincing your clients that you are the best pick. If you use event marketing strategy, it will be easier for you to convince your target clients. This is because event marketing will allow you to directly talk to your prospects and immediately respond to their queries. Personal encounter is a significant factor in B2B. According to a study, 84% of the people (who attended an event) said that they formed a positive opinion about a company, service, or product after attending a marketing event.
- Emotional Impact. When marketing a product or service, the ‘emotional component’ is crucial. In B2B marketing, you need to exert more effort into building a relationship with your target market. You must establish credibility, especially that some attendees are actually company executives. But you don’t have to worry because event marketing will allow you to talk to the attendees personally. With this, it will be easier for you to build relationships with your potential and existing clients.
- Professional. Event marketing strategy effectively draws more clients because it introduces your product or service ‘professionally.’ Trade shows, seminars, and conferences are great events in informing people about your product or service. Besides the participants, you’ll also get ‘free’ advertisements from the media covering your event.
- Online Lead Generation. Finding new means to propagate customer relationships using different social media platforms is one of the ‘hot’ topics among B2B marketers today. A study confirmed that, nowadays, most of the B2B deals started on online transactions. Talking about online transactions, using an event marketing strategy will surely leverage your sales. Why? Because with the advent of technology, you can now conduct events online and reach millions of people from different parts of the world.
- Targeted. Most B2B marketers prefer event marketing strategy because it converts more sales. This is because the people who’ll attend event marketing are already presumed to be interested in availing of a particular product or service. In other words, you just have to do a little ‘push’ to close a deal. Your discussions in an event will greatly affect the clients’ decision to push through availing your service/ product.
- Positive Reviews. If you hold an event marketing, you’ll get the chance to meet your clients personally, at the same time, you’ll also know their insights. Getting feedback from clients is very important to improve your product or service. And remember that the more positive reviews you get, the more your business builds its integrity. Aside from on-site reviews, you can also solicit reviews online. Some of the community websites where you can ask for reviews are Yelp and Google+.
- Connections. Event marketing will draw not only random clients but also business people and professionals. And this is a great advantage that you must capitalize on. Remember that the more connections you have, the higher the chance that you’ll reach your target clients.
Common Types of Event Marketing B2B Marketers can use
Event marketing converts more leads if done the right way. That is why in the planning stage; make sure that your event suits best for your business. Remember that there are events that are recommended for B2C, while there are some that are best for B2B.
Listed below are some of the events that are recommended for B2B transactions.
- Trade Shows. This kind of event is for companies that belonged to the same industry. The purpose of conducting this event marketing is to introduce, demonstrate, and discuss product updates.
- User Conferences. It is vital to hold user conferences to let your customers feel that you value their experiences (using your product/ availing your service). Aside from this, you can also ask for suggestions to better serve your clients. User conferences will let you build a community of people who fully trust your product or service.
- VIP Dinners. One way of generating new sales pipeline is hosting a VIP Dinner. From the word itself, this event is attended by B2B executives (C-level) only or the VIPs. You need this event to foster relationships and open up more business opportunities with your new and existing clients.
- Launch and Learn. This is another kind of event that will make your clients feel that they are important. This event is just like a VIP Dinner, but your attendees in ‘launch and learn’ are people below C-level.
Check out our other content listed below